‘Dancing Away with my Heart’ was the song Lindsay McKowen and Kemp Travis danced to as Mr. and Mrs. at their wedding reception at the Baton Rouge Country Club this past July. They took a trolly from First Presbyterian Church after repeating their vows before family and friends.
Kathryn McKowen served her sister as maid of honor while sister Lauren Bourgeois stood as matron of honor. Reid Travis was his brother’s best man.
In keeping with an old family tradition, the McKowen cousins attached a ball and chain to Kemp’s ankle just before the evening’s last dance. Thenewlyweds left for their honeymoon as guests waved sparklers. Documenting these and a thousand memories for this most special day was Eye Wander Photo’s owner Aaron Hogan, who also sister Lauren’s 2020 wedding.
Lindsay is the daughter of Erin and Grif McKowen; Kemp is the son of Heather Kemp and Ellison Travis. They newlyweds make their home in Baton Rouge where she is an ambassador for Lead Abroad and he works as a senior application developer for IBM.
Helping make the day perfect were:
- Wedding Gown & Veil: I Do Bridal Couture
- Wedding Invitations: Paper N Things
- Wedding Planner/Coordinator: Leslie Campbell Weddings
- Wedding Venue Contact: Amy Le June
- Wedding Cakes: Bride’s cake by Karl Roberts, BR Country Club; Groom’s cake by Nanette Mayhall
- Caterer: BR Country Club
- Hair/Makeup: Olga Longoria, Wildflower Hair & Makeup
- Flowers: Billy Heroman’s Flowers
- DJ/Band: D-Play
- Equipment Rental: Doug Olinde Rentals, Truly Haute, AD Events