Gabriela Ivey’s dad was in on the plot when Jonathan Barksdale popped the question on the grounds of the State Capitol. But an engagement ring tops dinner with dad most every time, right?
The two repeated their vows before friends and family Feb. 20, 2021 at The Greenery in Amite. The ceremony reflected the couple’s self-described “godly relationship” – they initially met at a youth night event at church.
Together, they enjoy dancing, singing and playing music, and worshiping.
“I love that he will kiss me on the forehead,” says Gabriela.
“I love most that she puts her head on my shoulder,” says Jonathan.
We think Jonathan’s choice of the word “sweet“ to describe his bride is a pretty good description of them as a couple, too.
Gabriela is the daughter of Julie and Barry Ivey; Jonathan is the son of Denisha and Jon DeVall, and James and Jackie Barksdale.
- Photography: Eye Wander Photo
- Wedding Gown: Bridal Boutique
- Wedding Veil: Hairpiece Dandeliondesigntr
- Wedding Invitations: Paper ‘n Things
- Wedding Cake: The Cocoa Bean Bakery
- Caterer: The Southern Spoon
- Hair/Makeup: Loreal Richardson
- Flowers: Blushing Blooms
- DJ/Band: GeauxLive