Before leaving the church and heading to the reception at the City Club, Luke Bourgeois found himself tethered to an actual ball and chain, courtesy of Lauren McKowen’s family- and Eye Wander Photo captured that moment for all time. Seems it’s a McKowen family wedding tradition that not even COVID restrictions could derail. Fortunately, Lauren had possession of the key and freed him for the reception but who knows when she might hitch him back up.
The couple were introduced by Lauren’s roommate Tina, and ever since that first date, Lauren and Luke have been together. Tina was among the bridesmaids when Lauren and Luke exchanged wedding vows before friends and family at First Presbyterian Church Aug. 15, 2020.
The bride is the daughter of Erin and Grif McKowen. The groom is the son of Marty and Nancy Bourgeois. Lauren graduates PT school August 2021; Luke is in agricultural sales. They make their home in Church Point.
- Photography: Eye Wander Photo
- Wedding Gown & Veil: I Do Bridal Couture
- Wedding Invitations: Paper ‘N Things
- Wedding Planner/Coordinator: Leslie Campbell
- Reception: The City Club
- Wedding Cake: Sweet Stirrings
- Hair/Makeup: Abby Manuel, makeup; Wildflowers Hair & Makeup, hair
- Flowers: Lance Hayes Flowers