Eye Wander Photo is holding basic photography classes on the dates written below in February 2015 from 5:30-8:30pm at 244 Linda Ave. Baton Rouge, LA 70806 near Florida Blvd at Lobdell Avenue. (Old Goodwood area)
What You’ll Learn:
- Camera functions & exposure control (aperture, shutter speed, ISO, focus, white balance)
- Proper on-camera flash and available lighting techniques using sun, shade and a reflector
- Use of directional lighting to flatter your subject
- When to use which lens: Learn composition rules for portraits and landscapes
- Post production using Lightroom 5; shoot and edit in RAW format using professional software (30 day trial of software provided)
Here are the common issues we’ll cover in this class:
- How to use autofocus
- How to show motion yet prevent entire shot from being blurry
- Low light photography without flash (ex. indoor gym lighting or night scene)
- Sand/Snow shots
- Backlit scenes (against window or shooting into sun)
- Workflow of loading pictures onto computer, backing up originals, loading into editing program, exporting RAW to jpeg, sending to print
- How to take great pictures of people, landscapes and closeups
- Taking pictures that need little to no editing
- How to create great black and white photos
- How to turn simple photos into art
- Learn constructive, positive criticism through weekly critiques of your homework assignments
The class will be 4 parts and will go from February 11-25, 2015. There will be 3 regular weekday classes and one Rural Life Museum field trip Sunday morning on February 22nd.
February 11 (Wednesday) – 5:30-8:30 pm
February 18 (Wednesday) – 5:30-8:30 pm
February 22 (Sunday) – 9:00-11:30 am Photo Field Trip to Rural Life Museum ($9 admission fee required)
February 25 (Wednesday) – 5:30-8:30 pm (LAST IN STUDIO CLASS)
Cost: $400. However, early registration through January 15 is $325. Get a friend to register during this “early registration” time for only $300.
The regular price for registration after January 15 is $400/student with a friend/family member at $350.
If you miss a class or the field trip, you will not be refunded any part of your fee. Each participant must fill out this form completely. Upon receipt of a completed form, I will collect payment from each person through check, credit card or cash. The credit card payment link will follow after you submit this form.
Enter the amount for the class and proceed to payment link which will load as soon as you submit the form.
If you miss a class or the field trip, you will not be refunded any part of your fee. Each participant must fill out this form completely. Upon receipt of a completed form, I will collect payment from each person through check, credit card or cash.
Coaching sessions and workshops are released via our newsletter or announced on facebook periodically throughout the year. Class sizes are small for a better learning environment so space is limited. Please join our mailing list for the most up to date information!