This page is dedicated to every former bride who wishes to talk about her wedding so that she may inform new brides-to-be things she should do when planning her own wedding. Now that your wedding is all over, you may look back from time to time to reminisce on your special day, thinking about everything from, “I am so glad I did this…” to, “I wish I’d done this…”
Monthly Archives: October 2009
Katie and Ryan’s engagement session in Downtown Baton Rouge. This couple was a hoot!
Photographers have plenty of knowledge about weddings, much more than just the photography aspect. Consult with your photographer about more than just the photography. They should let you know the best time to have the ceremony as well as help you organize the day.
Top 7 reasons to do the first look prior to the ceremony:
1. Your day will flow much easier, thus being more enjoyable and memorable.
2. Photographer will get the most creative and artistic wedding pictures possible because there’s simply more time.
3. You still get to surprise your groom in a private, romantic setting — all captured in pictures. It can be in a church, field, park, lake or dark alley.
4. After your special moments together, everyone (the couple, wedding party and family) is photographed while they’re most relaxed and fresh.
5. You won’t miss any part of your cocktail hour nor reception. Just kiss and head out to party! There’s no mad rush to the reception.
6. The wedding events happen naturally after the ceremony instead of the photographer bothering you to get the formal photos.
7. You’ll be more relaxed during the formal photos and the ceremony. The key to good photos is to be relaxed. Bottom line, you’ll love your photos more.
I’m officially a blogger! I have set up to create sneak peeks from my recent weddings and to post favorite images along with brief stories behind those images which give some insight into my process. I’m a very technical photographer regarding my approach to lighting and composition but my main focus in the field of […]